LEAP-Agri Call Launch: African European Collaborative Research on Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture for Food and Nutrition Security
The LEAP-agri partners are pleased to announce the launch of the LEAP-Agri joint call for pre-proposals entitled: African European Collaborative Research on Sustainable Agriculture and Aquaculture for Food and Nutrition Security. This joint transnational research and innovation call is co-funded by the following partnering African and European countries: from Africa: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, South Africa, and Uganda, and from Europe: Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, and Turkey and 1 international organisation, i.e. CIHEAM-Bari based in Italy.
Who can apply?
Only applicants from participating countries can submit a proposal. However, it is important to join a research project as Associated Partner provided no funding is requested from the project budget. As general rules, a LEAP-Agri application must:
– be submitted by a consortium of at least four eligible applicants from four different countries, two European and two African;
– be implemented over a duration of 36 months;
– Have a total budget between € 300,000 and € 1,5 Mio.;
– may include different types of applicants (academic, public, private) in accordance with national eligibility;
– must be carried out by a balanced consortium, but distribution of funding over countries may be uneven; and
– Must take into consideration equality and diversity dimension issues, especially gender and youth.
All applicants will apply and access additional information through the pt. outline accessed through the LEAP-Agri website:www.leap-agri.com/.
Call opens: 15 March 2017
Call closes: 15 June 2017