The National Research Fund (NRF) is a State Corporation established under section 32 of the Science, Technology and Innovation Act No. 28 of 2013 with the objective to facilitate Research for the advancement of Science, Technology and Innovation.
Pursuant to Section 8 of the Act, the Board of Trustees invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens for appointment to the position of Director of the Fund/Chief Executive Officer. The job holder shall be the Accounting Officer of the Fund and responsible to the Board in the provision of strategic direction and leadership to the Fund.
Director of the Fund/Chief Executive Officer – NRF/01/2022
The duties and responsibilities at this level entails:
- The accounting officer of the Fund;
- Providing strategic leadership in accordance with the mandate of the Fund as stipulated in the Science, Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 in order to achieve its objective and goals;
- Developing and ensuring the implementation and review of the Strategic Plan, business plan and annual plans of the Fund;
- Providing guidance and ensuring proper management of the affairs, resources and property of the Fund;
- Ensuring implementation and fulfilment of the policies and agreed objectives, performance targets and service standards of the Fund;
- Secretary to the Board of Trustees of the Fund;
- Identifying and sourcing for favourable development partners;
- Submitting to the Board, reports of the Fund’s projects and programmes;
- Promoting institutional accountability;
- Ensuring Board decisions are implemented and reported on time;
- Serving as a link between the Board and Management;
- Developing and implementing effective financial management policies and systems for monitoring and reporting of financial performance in line with the financial and budgetary policies and procedures of Government;
- Enhancing the corporate image of the organization and;
- Performing any other duties necessary for the furtherance of the object of the Fund.