Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyans for the above vacant post on a short term basis
DRIVER II – ONE (1) POST- V/NO.1 /2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s engine, cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tires pressure, etc.;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctions of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensuring safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
For appointment a candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Passed Suitability Test for Drivers Grade Ill;
- A valid clearance certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their applications together with copies of academic/professional certificates and identity card to firstname.lastname@example.org. OR delivered to Room 01, 3rd floor, NACOSTI Building, Upper Kabete, Off Waiyaki Way Nairobi between 8.00a.m. and 5.00p.m. on working days on before 15th April 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
National Research Fund is an equal opportunity employer.